[Cryptography] Fwd: Re: Post Quantum Crypto

Arnold Reinhold agr at me.com
Sun Nov 15 12:46:10 EST 2015

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015  Philipp wrote:

>> Are we even sure about the three dimensions part? If I understand
>> correctly, string theory postulates that there are many more than 3
>> dimensions.
>
> Interesting question.
> I am not sure, whether the processes at runtime are only 3-dimensional or
> more dimensional, but the production process in the chip fab is
> 3-dimensional.
> What impact on the security could it have from your point of view?

More to the point, a great deal of effort has gone into finding experimental evidence of string theory, using the most powerful particle accelerators and cosmic ray detectors, with no success so far. Even if string theory effects are eventually found, they are expected to show up at the extremely high temperatures particle accelerators and cosmic phenomena generate, while quantum computing operates at extremely low temperatures. A q-bit system or quantum computer that failed to perform as predicted by standard 3-D quantum mechanics due to the effects of extra dimensions would be a revolutionary breakthrough in physics and instant Nobel Prize material.

Arnold