[Cryptography] Why Rijndael ?

Brian Gladman brg at gladman.plus.com
Wed Nov 4 04:00:55 EST 2015

On 04/11/2015 04:01, Darkpassenger wrote:

> On 2015-11-03 01:50, Krisztián Pintér wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 8:09 AM, Darkpassenger
>> <darkpassenger at unseen.is> wrote:
>>> for my own reasons , i do not trust NIST's crypto opinion
>>
>> ???
>>
>> 1, you specifically asked about NIST's rationale. who else could give
>> NIST's rationale better than NIST?
>> 2, it is pre-9/11. back then NIST was much more trustworthy.
>> 3, you were given a detailed description with a lot of information in
>> it. you can read, and assess yourself. whose opinion would you trust?
>
> thanks for the answer . please take a look at the original mail . i
> didnt ask about NIST's rationale .

[snip]

I think this is the content of your original mail:

-------------------------
Hello ,
is there a paper with crypto details explaining why NIST chose Rijndael
over MARS (from IBM), RC6 (from RSA Laboratories), Serpent (from Ross
Anderson, Eli Biham and Lars Knudsen) and Twofish (from Bruce Schneier,
John Kelsey, Doug Whiting, David Wagner, Chris Hall and Niels Ferguson)
as the AES ?

regards
-dp

If this is not asking about NIST's rationale, I no longer understand the
language you appear to be using :-)

   Brian