[Cryptography] Why Rijndael ?

Darkpassenger darkpassenger at unseen.is
Tue Nov 3 23:01:32 EST 2015

On 2015-11-03 01:50, Krisztián Pintér wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 8:09 AM, Darkpassenger <darkpassenger at unseen.is>
> wrote:
>> for my own reasons , i do not trust NIST's crypto opinion
>
> ???
>
> 1, you specifically asked about NIST's rationale. who else could give
> NIST's rationale better than NIST?
> 2, it is pre-9/11. back then NIST was much more trustworthy.
> 3, you were given a detailed description with a lot of information in
> it. you can read, and assess yourself. whose opinion would you trust?

thanks for the answer . please take a look at the original mail . i
didnt ask about NIST's rationale .
but in this mail i am going to ask the same question with different
sentences hopefully in helps
NIST says they had security , speed and algo characteristics where the
bases of their tests on these algos
i am going to remove the third item from my question , its useless for
my purpose .
now this is the question : are there independent , non-usg funded
comparative cryptoanalysis anywhere ever done
over the past decade and a half , to examine the results of NISTs
seperetly , whether come to same conclusion of
a different one ?

truthfully , i had my challenges with google already -- obviously .
coudlnt find such thing . until now what i
got is linked to AES's official book and NIST's report , which both have
been read before and are totally
IRRELEVANT to my question , yes ? i have plans for this thread of mails
and hopefully step by step share
more about my study and my view on current state of AES . but it all
starts with the basic original question .
has this been tested against others somewhere else other than a .gov
funded and is such paper or combinations
of papers could be produced to finally guys here -- with common sense ,
realize that NIST with selecting
Rijndael had only intentions that it states in its own paper . and due
those criteria , Rijndael , was the best
choice . eventually proving no hidden agenda , no very sneaky crypto job
that makes our kind of people
convinced its safe enough but some other powerful player who doesnt have
good history in our field is doing
satanic laugh for like 15 years now because in their true view Rijndael
wasnt truly the best choice , it was
just selected and promoted and backed by .gov for a hidden agenda . with
my original question i am trying
to remain objective and look for various kinds of evidence as much as
possible before a educated guess or
conclusion .

Regards
-mh