[Cryptography] Imitation Game: Can Hollywood be fixed?
bascule at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 20:07:41 EST 2015
Here's a quick start:
1) The Bombes were called Bombes. The word "Bombe" is never used throughout
the entire movie
2) The first Bombe was named Victory, not Christopher. AFAIK Turning never
named any machine he developed "Christopher"
3) John Cairncross, the soviet spy, was not on Turing's team. He wasn't
even in Turing's Hut at Bletchley, and it's unlikely they ever interacted.
4) The real Joan Clarke probably knew how to pronounce "Euler" correctly
5) Turing was arrested in 1952, not 1951
6) The real Turing sounds like he was less of an asshole than Benedict
Cumberbatch depicted him to be
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the cryptography