[Cryptography] Aggregate signatures

ianG iang at iang.org
Mon Jun 9 05:52:29 EDT 2014

On 9/06/2014 04:33 am, xor wrote:
> My interest in aggregate signatures is related with my interest in
> cryptocurrencies as well. For the application I have in mind I don't
> need the verification, nor the signing, to be fast, but it needs to be
> faster than performing the same operation for each individual signature,
> hopefully it will have constant time when people are signing the same
> message.

If you are talking about cryptocurrencies, then I'd guess you're working
with contracts.  At least, that's what I do if talking about 'aggregate
signatures.'

In that case, you don't need any crypto for 2nd and mass parties to sign
the statement, directly.  You just need to quote the hash of the
contract in the business request you are doing, which as a consequence
of the request is signed.  We can then interpolate the acceptance of the
statement (contract) from that.

As you are quoting the contract in your own signed/identified request,
moving value around, you've (most of) the elements of the contract covered.

iang