[Cryptography] Aggregate signatures

Steve Weis steveweis at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 21:54:53 EDT 2014

Hi. First off, the paper you linked to is a student's final semester
project. I don't know how solid it is. You may want to check out the
Boneh, Lynn, Gentry & Shacham aggregate signature scheme from:
http://eprint.iacr.org/2002/175

There is an unrestricted version proven secure by Bellare, Namprempre
and Neven here: http://eprint.iacr.org/2006/285

To my knowledge, none of this is standardized. As for library support,
the Relic Toolkit from Diego F. Aranha may have the support you'd
need, although I haven't looked at it closely:
https://code.google.com/p/relic-toolkit/

Ben Lynn's PBC library also offers similar support, but I've been told
that Relic is more modern and better maintained:
http://crypto.stanford.edu/pbc/

I don't know of anyone using these in production or real world
applications, but would be interested in hearing about any examples. I
do know there has been some interest from the Bitcoin community in
aggregate signatures that are fast to verify.