[Cryptography] Aggregate signatures

ianG iang at iang.org
Sun Jun 8 15:54:06 EDT 2014

On 8/06/2014 10:47 am, xor wrote:
> I'm a programmer, I need a way to have several people sign the same
> message, and then send that message to several other people. I'd like to
> be able to scale 'several people' to up to a million, so a list of
> individual signatures doesn't work so well.

Look at what your user base has.  There isn't a cryptographic community
out there that has a million people and is ready to sign.  So your first
question at a crypto level is likely to be, how to distribute keys to
everyone.  Which leads to, how to ensure that everyone is anyone.

Hence, I'd say that your comment above, that a list of individual
signatures doesn't work, might be premature.  And, looking for
algorithms would be even more premature.

Tell us more about how and why you want this...

iang