[Cryptography] Boing Boing pushing an RSA Conference boycott

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Wed Jan 15 13:29:09 EST 2014

> Also, we have the fact that they ignored the warnings that came out about DUAL_EC, from around 2007 - 2013.
> In short, their highly regarded cryptographic experts were not deployed, not available, not on that job.

Perhaps their experts had different opinions. Or perhaps the marketing literature you quoted was somewhat exaggerated; wow, like that's never happened before.

It's easy to look backwards and say "they must have been evil."  But unless you were there, or can read minds, that's just an opinion.

--
Principal Security Engineer
Akamai Technology