[Cryptography] Boing Boing pushing an RSA Conference boycott

ianG iang at iang.org
Wed Jan 15 12:14:25 EST 2014

On 15/01/14 19:16 PM, Salz, Rich wrote:
>> Security is the promise, and that was the promise RSA fell on.
>
> How do you know this.

Read a website:

"RSA BSAFE Crypto Kernel offers versions of popular cryptographic
algorithms optimized for both small code size and high performance.
Unlike alternatives such as open source, our technology is backed by
highly regarded cryptographic experts."

They make the promise above, and in many other places and times.  They
delivered the DUAL_EC against that promise.

Also, we have the fact that they ignored the warnings that came out
about DUAL_EC, from around 2007 - 2013.

In short, their highly regarded cryptographic experts were not deployed,
not available, not on that job.

iang

http://financialcryptography.com/mt/archives/001447.html