[Cryptography] 78716A

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Tue Dec 23 02:08:06 EST 2014

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Jerry Leichter <leichter at lrw.com> wrote:

> On Dec 18, 2014, at 5:22 PM, Ryan Carboni <ryacko at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Common Americans are no longer considered worth protecting as part of
> national security.
> That's a silly conclusion.  I would not have expected it ever to be part
> of the NSA's mission to protect your home network.  It's about like
> expecting the Army to provide you with guidance and tools to protect your
> home from foreign invaders.

Yes, however the operating systems people use at home and at work are the
same.

The routing/network  infrastructure is the same.   If I purchase Comcast
for home or Comcast
for business products there is little difference in hardware and software
on their side.

In addition NSA+FBI+CIA and friends are only going to have impact by
closing
holes used to infect and  fuel farms of robot systems.    Fixing common
computer
flaws is the only way to disarm many of the massive slave attack farms that
then attack slightly better business systems.

My point is both the large and small systems need attention if networked
systems of any type are to be secured and all flaws that can even remotely
be leveraged....  so fixing any set of systems is defending all.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l