[Cryptography] Is it time for a revolution to replace TLS?

Tony Arcieri bascule at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 13:22:19 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 4:16 AM, ianG <iang at iang.org> wrote:

> It's not that far away, we already know how to do competitions, e.g.,
> CAESAR.

I have thought about suggesting a CAESAR-like competition here, but it's a
vast area that should, IMO, be broken down into smaller, independent,
interoperable parts.

We have at least 4 contests here, I think:

1) Better transport encryption (Tcpcrypt is already tackling this)
2) Better key exchange (Tcpcrypt is also tackling this)
3) A better certificate format
4) A better system for authenticating/revoking keys (e.g. Convergence,
Tack, CT)

--
Tony Arcieri