[Cryptography] Email and IM are ideal candidates for mix networks

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Tue Aug 27 21:48:35 EDT 2013

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 22:04:22 +0100 "Wendy M. Grossman"
<wendyg at pelicancrossing.net> wrote:
> On 08/27/2013 18:34, ianG wrote:
> > Why do we need the 1980s assumption of being able to send freely
> > to everyone, anyway?
>
> It's clear you're not a journalist or working in any other
> profession where you actually need to be able to communicate
> spontaneously with strangers.

Of course, as a reporter, you are probably getting email addresses of
people to talk to via referral, and that could be used to get past the
barrier. The problem of people spontaneously contacting a published
address is harder.

I don't claim to have all the answers, but experimentation will
probably tell us a lot more than simply thinking in the abstract.

Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com