[Cryptography] Email and IM are ideal candidates for mix networks

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 19:00:36 EDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Wendy M. Grossman <
wendyg at pelicancrossing.net> wrote:

> On 08/27/2013 18:34, ianG wrote:
> > Why do we need the 1980s assumption of being able to send freely to
> > everyone, anyway?
>
> It's clear you're not a journalist or working in any other profession
> where you actually need to be able to communicate spontaneously with
> strangers.

True, but you are probably willing to tolerate a higher level of spam
getting through in that case.

One hypothesis that I would like to throw out is that there is no point in
accepting encrypted email from someone who does not have a key to encrypt
the response.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/