[Cryptography] Email and IM are ideal candidates for mix networks

radix42 at gmail.com radix42 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 17:33:01 EDT 2013

Iang wrote:

>Why do we need the 1980s assumption of >being able to send freely to
>everyone, anyway?

tech.support at I.bought.your.busted.thing.com is one that comes to mind. info at sale.me.your.thing.com is another. I think the types of "prior whitelist only" secure systems being discussed on-list here lately will in the long run win out with the lions share of messages, but that bog standard 'dirty' email will persist for commercial interactions of the type I list above.

-David Mercer

David Mercer
Portland, OR