[Cryptography] Using Raspberry Pis

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Mon Aug 26 20:30:28 EDT 2013

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 12:06:47 +1200 Peter Gutmann
<pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
> "Perry E. Metzger" <perry at piermont.com> writes:
>
> >Custom built hardware will probably be the smartest way to go for
> >an entrepreneur trying to sell these in bulk to people as home
> >gateways anyway -- you want the nice injection molded case,
> >blinkylights and package as well. :)
>
> In that case why not just get an Alix embedded system,
> http://www.pcengines.ch/alix.htm, and drop pfSense,
> http://www.pfsense.org/, on it?  Someone else has already done all
> the work, all you need to do is configure it however you want it.

I'm not going to disagree as such (I have no idea what the wholesale
cost of these machines is but I assume it is fine, or if it isn't that
someone else sells one that is cheap enough.)

I think that we can stipulate that quite inexpensive machines are
possible, and concentrate on discussing what they might run (which is
a much wider discussion -- see the last couple of days of
discussion...)

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com