Obama administration wants encryption backdoors for domestic surveillance

David G. Koontz david_koontz at xtra.co.nz
Mon Sep 27 20:37:42 EDT 2010

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/09/27/obama-administration.html

A good first point of interest clearinghouse site for the issue can be found
on Boing Boing.

It points to a Green Greenwald article on Salon and the ACLU.

There's also a nice piece at the Cato Institute
http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/designing-an-insecure-internet/
Designing an Insecure Internet

and

http://reason.com/blog/2010/09/27/obama-administration-frustrate
Feds Frustrated With Their Inability to Wiretap This Here New-Fangled
Internet Thing

Seems the underdogs in the Crypto Wars still has strong feelings, and now a
lot of them are part of mainstream media.

also

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2010/09/government-seeks
Government Seeks Back Door Into All Our Communications

The CDT and EPIC web sites haven't been updated yet.

I'd expect once a lot of people get the chance to do some digging will see
some 'entertaining' articles show up on the web.