Debian encouraging use of 4096 bit RSA keys

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Tue Sep 14 08:15:52 EDT 2010

The decision that 1024 bit keys are inadequate for code signing is
likely reasonable. The idea that 2048 bits and not something between
1024 bits and 2048 bits is a reasonable minimum is perhaps arguable.
One wonders what security model indicated 4096 bits is the ideal
length....

Perry

Begin forwarded message: