Trusted timestamping

Fearghas McKay fm-lists at st-kilda.org
Mon Oct 5 20:57:39 EDT 2009

On 5 Oct 2009, at 16:04, Ian G wrote:

> My view is that there is no demand for this as a service.  The
> apparent need for it is more a paper requirement that came out of
> PKI world's search for a perfect product than any business need.
>
> E.g., if you think you want it, you might be better rewarded by re-
> examining your assumptions as to why it is needed, than building it...

http://www.itconsult.co.uk/stamper.htm

Has been around since ~1995 and just works whenever I have used it,
albeit some time ago. It publishes time stamp info on Usenet,
comp.security.pgp.announce which shows the last activity was in 2002...

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.security.pgp.announce/browse_thread/thread/d25667d87c1740f6#

Which seems to support your viewpoint.