Trusted timestamping

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Tue Oct 6 09:48:27 EDT 2009

+ Fearghas McKay <fm-lists at st-kilda.org>:

> http://www.itconsult.co.uk/stamper.htm
>
> Has been around since ~1995 and just works whenever I have used it,
> albeit some time ago. It publishes time stamp info on Usenet,
> comp.security.pgp.announce which shows the last activity was in
> 2002...
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.security.pgp.announce/browse_thread/thread/d25667d87c1740f6#
>
> Which seems to support your viewpoint.

As explained at http://www.itconsult.co.uk/stamper/stampnew.htm they
moved to alt.security.pgp in 2002. But ... the latest timestamp
summary I can see there is from May 2009, so I guess the point stands,
unless it's just google groups that won't cooperate. (Hmmm, my news
server doesn't even carry alt.security.gpg, so I can't check further.
Not a good sign.)

- Harald