Trusted timestamping

Ian G iang at systemics.com
Mon Oct 5 11:04:38 EDT 2009

On 04/10/2009 23:42, Alex Pankratov wrote:

> I guess my main confusion at the moment is why large CAs of
> Verisign's size not offering any standalone timestamping
> services.

My view is that there is no demand for this as a service.  The apparent
need for it is more a paper requirement that came out of PKI world's
search for a perfect product than any business need.

E.g., if you think you want it, you might be better rewarded by
re-examining your assumptions as to why it is needed, than building it...

iang