Fwd: Protection mail at rest

Greg Black cryptography at mail.gbch.net
Mon Jun 2 22:42:43 EDT 2008

On 2008-06-02, Adam Aviv wrote:

> I recently implemented SSARES directly in python and also added
> parallelism to the searching. We can now search the a large inbox
> (1000+) messages in about 2-4 minutes.

Not to rain on your parade, but 1,000 messages is *not* a large inbox
and 2 to 4 minutes is a very long time to wait.  You'd need to make this
two orders of magnitude faster before it would have a hope of being
interesting.  (And for me, it would have to be at least four orders of
magnitude faster before I could consider it to be useful.)

Greg