Fwd: Protection mail at rest

Adam Aviv aviv at cis.upenn.edu
Mon Jun 2 22:56:54 EDT 2008

I agree with you, that this is not nearly fast enough.

However, this is 10 times faster then our original results, where we
were searching 100 emails in about the same amount of time. With
production code, some more optimization, esp. client side
optimizations (i.e. message caching when possible), and increased
parallelism, it may just be possible to reach the 4x faster searches a
heavy user like yourself would need. I am just not a good enough coder
to write it myself, but I believe that it can be done.

adam

--
Adam Aviv
Ph. D. Candidate