Dutch Transport Card Broken

Dave Korn dave.korn at artimi.com
Wed Jan 30 13:08:37 EST 2008

On 30 January 2008 17:01, Jim Cheesman wrote:

> James A. Donald:
>
> Richard Salz wrote:
>  > Perhaps theoretically painful, but in practice this is
>  > not the case; commerce on the web is the
>  > counter-example.
>
> James A. Donald:
>
>> The delay is often humanly perceptible.  If humanly
>> perceptible, too much.
>
> I respectfully disagree - I'd argue that a short wait is actually more
> reassuring to the average user (Hey! The System's checking me out!) than an
> instantaneous connection would be.

  I also disagree.  It's not like anyone says to themselves "Hey, this website
is taking me several seconds to access - I'll spend a couple of hours
physically going to the shop instead".  It's economics again: what amount of
time or money constitutes "too much" depends what the alternative choices are.

    cheers,
      DaveK