Dutch Transport Card Broken

Jim Cheesman jcheesman at grupoburke.com
Wed Jan 30 12:00:45 EST 2008

James A. Donald:

Richard Salz wrote:
 > Perhaps theoretically painful, but in practice this is
 > not the case; commerce on the web is the
 > counter-example.

James A. Donald:

> The delay is often humanly perceptible.  If humanly
> perceptible, too much.

I respectfully disagree - I'd argue that a short wait is actually more
reassuring to the average user (Hey! The System's checking me out!) than an
instantaneous connection would be.

Adding in a false wait (a nice pop-up, a progress bar and a snake-oily
security message) would be even better...

Regards,
Jim Cheesman