Skype new IT protection measure

Thor Lancelot Simon tls at rek.tjls.com
Mon Aug 20 13:16:19 EDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 11:42:39AM -0400, Peter Thermos wrote:

> "We can confirm categorically that no malicious activities were attributed
> or that our users' security was not, at any point, at risk."

One wonders if it was their attorneys who suggested that they confirm
categorically that "x OR y" -- never mind that no malicious activities
being "attributed" (by whom? to whom? "attribute" takes a subject and an
object, and neither is optional!  note the passive voice!) doesn't mean,
of course, that none occurred, nor than none were discovered by others
or even by Skype itself.

Reads like classic corporate weasel-wording to me.

Thor