Skype new IT protection measure

Peter Thermos peter.thermos at palindrometech.com
Mon Aug 20 11:42:39 EDT 2007

Interesting comment from Skype:

"The disruption was triggered by a massive restart of our users' computers
across the globe within a very short timeframe as they re-booted after
receiving a routine set of patches through Windows Update."

and

"We can confirm categorically that no malicious activities were attributed
or that our users' security was not, at any point, at risk."
http://heartbeat.skype.com/2007/08/what_happened_on_august_16.html

Peter