NSA knows who you've called.

Anne & Lynn Wheeler lynn at garlic.com
Sat May 13 19:02:57 EDT 2006

dan at geer.org wrote:
> You and I are in agreement, but how do we get
> the seemingly (to us) plain truth across to
> others?  I've been trying for a good while now,
> reaching a point where I'd almost wish for a
> crisis of some sort as persuasiveness is not
> working.

for other drift ... the stuff about call record analysis with regard to
social networking has been topic in datamining conferences for at least
a couple years ... both academia and industry. the cellphone companies
appear to be especially interested in it, for various kinds of capacity
planning and marketing purposes (I think some academia even have
contracts with cell phone companies researching this area).

several months ago my wife had extensive communication with an editor
doing some background stuff on datamining. some of it showed up in an
article somewhat spun for the current situation

Info Mining & Sharing are Controversial Co-Dependents, part 1:
http://www.publicsectorinstitute.net/ELetters/EGovernment/v4n7/May13Articles.lsp#DataMining

my wife's quotes liberally lace part 2:

Data Mining "Disrupts & Enables"
http://www.publicsectorinstitute.net/ELetters/EGovernment/v4n7/May13Articles.lsp#DataMining2