NSA knows who you've called.

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Fri May 12 09:17:47 EDT 2006

"Perry E. Metzger" writes:
-+------------------------

 | And a personal note to you all:
 |
 | Let me again remind people that if you do not inform your elected
 | representatives of your displeasure with this sort of thing,
 | eventually you will not be in a position to inform them of your
 | displeasure with this sort of thing.

Perry,

While I agree with you, the public does not,
so far as I can tell, find itself willing to
risk insecurity for the benefit of preserving
privacy, as this article in today's Boston
Globe would tend to confirm.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2006/05/12/most_put_security_ahead_of_privacy/

   Most put security ahead of privacy
   (By Bruce Mohl, Globe Staff)
   Mark Jellison, a Verizon customer in Quincy, isn't fazed that his
   phone company may have turned over his calling records and those of
   millions of others to the National Security Agency as part of an
   effort to thwart terrorism.

   <snip>

--dan