Greek officials were tapped using law enforcement back door

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Thu Mar 23 09:30:30 EST 2006

A while ago, you may recall that members of the Greek government were
wiretapped, and at the time, I speculated that the bad guys may have
abused the built in CALEA software in the switch to do it. Well, it
now appears that that was precisely what happened. Unfortunately, the
article below is short on detail -- anyone have access to primary
sources? (I know there are at least a couple of Greek cryptographers
on this list...)

http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanherald/mar162006/update71652006316.asp

Perry