Greek officials were tapped using law enforcement back door

Adam Fields cryptography23094893 at aquick.org
Thu Mar 23 09:51:01 EST 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 09:30:30AM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> A while ago, you may recall that members of the Greek government were
> wiretapped, and at the time, I speculated that the bad guys may have
> abused the built in CALEA software in the switch to do it. Well, it
> now appears that that was precisely what happened. Unfortunately, the
> article below is short on detail -- anyone have access to primary
> sources? (I know there are at least a couple of Greek cryptographers
> on this list...)
>
> http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanherald/mar162006/update71652006316.asp

Schneier posted this a few weeks ago:

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2006/03/more_on_greek_w.html

--
				- Adam

** Expert Technical Project and Business Management
**** System Performance Analysis and Architecture
****** [ http://www.adamfields.com ]

[ http://www.aquick.org/blog ] ............ Blog
[ http://www.adamfields.com/resume.html ].. Experience