how email encryption should work (and how to get it used...)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Mar 30 16:23:45 EST 2005

    --
On 30 Mar 2005 at 13:00, Amir Herzberg wrote:
> A missing element is motivation for getting something
> like this deployed... I think spam could offer such
> motivation;

Phishing is costing billions, and is a major obstacle to
electronic commerce.   In my judgment, fixing phishing
and facilitating electronic commerce is a good fit to
the capabilities provided by cryptography.  (Of course a
large part of spam is phishing and viruses)

> a cryptographic protocol to penalize spammers could be
> one of the most important tools against spam. I've
> presented such a simple crypto protocol (SICS) in
> SCN'04 [available off my site],

And your site is?

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     To5/mH1p3iCBlpaC6McgYo2aehoFMV42OcrSW6Ze
     4AmE3tC68Tiyw+VQHexWjeQmXnrDHI+41ty416j11