Credentica (Re: Is there a Brands certificate reference implementation?)

Christian Paquin paquin at credentica.com
Fri Apr 30 13:38:40 EDT 2004

Hello Steve,

> From: Steve Furlong <sfurlong at acmenet.net>
> To: dgcchat at lists.goldmoney.com, cypherpunks at al-qaeda.net
 > Fwd: cryptography at metzdowd.com, e$@vmeng.com
> Date: 25 Apr 2004 12:14:30 -0400
>
> Does anyone know of a reference implementation for Stefan Brands's
> digital certificate scheme? Alternatively, does anyone have an email
> address for Brands so I can ask him myself? (I haven't gotten anything
> back from ZKS's "contact us" address. But I don't know if Brands is
> still at ZKS.)

I am one of the lead developers of Credentica, which is Stefan Brands'
latest venture after his amicable departure from ZKS quite some time
ago. We are exclusively focused on the development of identity and
access management technology based on Stefan's Digital Credential work.

Following our closing of investment from Nokia earlier this year, we
started with the design and implementation of a Software Development
Toolkit for Digital Credentials. We are exploring the idea of releasing
parts of it under an open-source license, and intend to post updates
here from time to time on our progress. More information will be
available on our upcoming Web site, which should be up soon.

Meanwhile, if you are interested in getting a glimpse of what we are
doing, check out Stefan's keynote materials at a recent NIST PKI
workshop, which you can find here:
http://middleware.internet2.edu/pki04/proceedings/

Kind regards,

Christian Paquin