eCompute ECC2-109 Project has PROBABLE solution (now official)

Anne & Lynn Wheeler lynn at garlic.com
Fri Apr 16 12:15:20 EDT 2004

At 11:24 PM 4/8/2004, Anne & Lynn Wheeler wrote:
http://www.ecompute.org/ecc2/

it is now official

eCompute ECC2-109 Project

We have received unofficial  OFFICIAL word that the solution is valid!

As a result, the DP server has been closed and we’re working on finalizing
the final stats. No further DP values will be accepted and the DP server
will remain closed.

A little later today we’ll be posting complete information regarding the
solution, some project stats, and other final information. Until then

We wish to thank everyone who has contributed to this project. With your
help, it was a success. Without your help, it never could have happened!

The solution was achieved through a collision of points provided by:

           glenon from Ars Technica Team Vodka Martini

         Maximum_Confusion from TechIMO

The following was written by Chris Monico to describe the solution achieved.

... snip ..

--
Anne & Lynn Wheeler    http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/
Internet trivia 20th anv http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/rfcietff.htm