Definitions of "Security"?

Thierry Moreau thierry.moreau at connotech.com
Wed Apr 14 11:17:37 EDT 2004

hadmut at danisch.de wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm looking for interesting and unusal defitions of the
>term "Security" (or "secure").
>
>I'm fully aware that it is difficult or impossible to give
>a precise, compact, and universal definitions, and some
>book authors explicitely say so. However, there are definitions
>(or attempts to give those), and I'd be interested to compare
>them. If you know of any definition that might be interesting
>for any reason, please send me a link or citation. thanx

"a well-informed sense of assurance that information risks and controls
are in balance"

From:
James M. Anderson, Why We Need a New Definition of Information Security,
Computers & Security, vol 22, no. 4, May 2003, 2003, pages 308-313.

--

- Thierry Moreau

CONNOTECH Experts-conseils inc.
9130 Place de Montgolfier