Proven Primes

Tero Kivinen kivinen at iki.fi
Thu Mar 6 16:40:05 EST 2003

Ben Laurie writes:
> I'm looking for a list or lists of sensibly sized proven primes - all
> the lists I can find are more interested in records, which are _way_ too
> big for cryptographic purposes.

Directory

ftp://ftp.ssh.com/pub/ietf/ecpp-certificates

contains ecpp certificates for IKE primes (768, 1024, 1536, 2048,
3072, 4096, 6144, 8192 bit Diffie-Hellman groups), i.e proven
Sophie-Germain primes.

The ikeprime-xxxx.txt is the prime itself and the
ikeprime-xxx{,-primo}-certificate.txt is the certificate for it. I
used two different programs to prove those primes primo and ecpp. The
primo was faster, thus bigger groups are only proven by that.

There is also certificates for (p - 1) / 2, but those are mostly
redundant as most certificates starts with N-1 test, which will
actually proves the (p - 1) / 2 also.

kivinen at ssh.fi
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/
SSH IPSEC Toolkit                            http://www.ssh.fi/ipsec/