Proven Primes

Anton Stiglic astiglic at okiok.com
Thu Mar 6 13:00:18 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Laurie" <ben at algroup.co.uk>
To: "Anton Stiglic" <astiglic at okiok.com>

> [Talking about the ECPP package...]
> I'm not convinced any of those binaries are going to run on my system
> (which is FreeBSD), and anyway, if I'm going to use a binary to do ECPP
> I may as well shove it through Mathematica - much prettier UI :-)
>
> Is their no free implementation of ECPP? Is there at least a free
verifier?

It's been a while since I tried it, I don't remember which platform and
OS  I used (a pentium with some sort of Linux) but I know that I didn't have
any
problems using it.

I think that ECPP comes with a Maple certificate verifier, which might
be what you are looking for.  I think you can also convert certificates
to Mathematica format.  So once you have these certificates of primality
it's easy to verify them.  But I haven't tried any of those features...

--Anton