I'm looking for FSE2001 proceedings

dmolnar dmolnar at hcs.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 18 17:19:04 EDT 2001

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Pete Chown wrote:

> > to the Fast Software Encryption Workshop 2001?  Springer-Verlag
> > does not have it available for purchase yet.

It also doesn't seem to be on Springer LINK yet.

> It's annoying that crypto papers hardly ever seem to be made available
> online.  I wonder if there is any chance of crypto researchers joining
> the scientific journal boycott...

For what it's worth, this is not my experience. While not every paper is
online, a large number of people make papers available from their web
pages.

Plus I'm very lucky in that my library subscribes to the online Springer
LINK service.

> Basically the researchers, who are currently mostly in the life
> sciences, want papers published freely on the web after six months.

It's been a while since looking at the Springer-Verlag copyright notice. I
remember that it allows authors to publish papers on their web pages. Is
this correct?

What are the ACM and IEEE copyright terms like? Do they also allow
publication on the web?

Computer science might have it better than the life sciences in this
regard. de facto if not de jure.

-David