NTT offering free licenses for algorithms (incl. Camellia)

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Mon Apr 23 11:09:59 EDT 2001

> There was extensive discussion on the inclusion of Camellia in TLS
> ciphersuites recently - I can't remember the outcome, though, sorry.

The last discussion that I remember at an IETF TLS Working Group
meeting was that no additional ciphers would be added to TLS.  There
are already too many ciphers to be implemented and they are becoming
an interoperability issue.

 Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer      C-Kermit 7.1 Alpha available
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University   includes Secure Telnet and FTP
 http://www.kermit-project.org/             using Kerberos, SRP, and
 kermit-support at kermit-project.org          OpenSSL.  SSH soon to follow.