[Cryptography] Random number generation influenced, HW RNG

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Sep 10 19:04:56 EDT 2013

On 2013-09-10 4:30 PM, ianG wrote:
> The question of whether one could simulate a raw physical source is
> tantalising.  I see diverse opinions as to whether it is plausible,
> and thinking about it, I'm on the fence.

Let us consider that source of colored noise with which we are most
familiar:  The human voice.  Efforts to realistically simulate a human
voice have not been very successful.  The most successful approach has
been the ransom note approach, merging together a lot of small clips of
an actual human voice.

A software simulated raw physical noise source would have to run
hundreds of thousands times faster.