[Cryptography] Craig Wright

Matt Corallo metzdowd at bluematt.me
Thu Feb 3 09:50:39 EST 2022

On 2/3/22 04:38, Ben Laurie wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 at 22:54, Matt Corallo <metzdowd at bluematt.me <mailto:metzdowd at bluematt.me>> wrote:
>
>     In the spirit of full disclosure, I am one of said people. And its not (really) about helping him
>     "recover" keys, but actually forking the bitcoin network to give him funds he claims he lost?!
>
>     Ironically, of the few addresses which he has publicly claimed as his own (or formerly his own,
>     with
>     the keys now lost), the most preeminent/valuable is the infamous 1Feex address, which is best known
>     for some detailed analysis showing it to be the recipient of a large volume of funds stolen from
>     Mtgox. So, yea, he's asking for the court to force a fork of the Bitcoin network (how?) in order to
>     give him much of the stolen Mtgox funds, which he claims as his own.
>

> This is fantastic! Is it documented somewhere?

This guy has some good (and more-detail-than-you-ever-wanted-to-know) deep-dives on Craig:
https://mylegacykit.medium.com/

WizSec has some good older analysis of the MtGox hack, and summarizes some info on 1Feex at
https://blog.wizsec.jp/2020/06/mtgox-march-2011-theft.html

Because Craig has a tendency to replace facts and evidence with volume, there's even a whole
community of people dedicated to tracking all the nonsense and piecing together the history of the
fraud at https://www.reddit.com/r/bsv/ though I don't generally recommend reading it unless you want
to feel sad about the state of humanity.

Matt