[Cryptography] Craig Wright

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Wed Feb 2 16:57:15 EST 2022

It appears that Matt Corallo <metzdowd at bluematt.me> said:
>On 2/2/22 11:49, Donald Eastlake wrote:
>> I'm not sure how well known this is:
>> https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/06/miami-jury-rules-in-favor-of-craig-wright-bitcoin-claimed-inventor.html
>

>This is incredibly strange reporting.
>
>Normally, when one party sues another they include a litany of accusations, only expecting to win on
>one or another, and if they win on only one or another and are awarded *$100 million* in damages
>from a private party, that is reported as a massive loss for the defendant. ...

I would assume that neither party actually has anything like $100
million, so it's mostly just posturing.

In related news, Jack Dorsey is funding a legal defense fund in an
even stranger case in the UK where Wright is suing people to force
them to help him recover keys he allegedly lost in a computer hack in
2020:

https://nypost.com/2022/01/13/jack-dorsey-looks-to-give-bitcoin-developers-a-boost-with-nonprofit/

R's,
John