[Cryptography] doorbells for Ukraine

Mykola Stryebkov mykola.stryebkov at icloud.com
Sun Dec 18 20:56:06 EST 2022

Hi, William

> On 18 Dec 2022, at 09:04, William Allen Simpson <william.allen.simpson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Surely somebody else has already thought of this, but....
>
> Ring had/has a Ukraine R&D facility.
>
> Ukraine needs to detect incoming shells, missiles, drones.
>
> Wouldn't a few (thousand) cloud connected cameras and microphones be
> able to determine paths and trajectories?

We do better :-)

Few months ago guys from Odesa created mobile app “єППО”, which could be translated as  iAirDefence :-)

For now app allows user to quickly notify our air defence about missiles, drones and airplanes.

But AFAIK they are already testing the fully automatic distributed detector based on users smartphones.

—
WBR, M.