[Cryptography] Internet independent Blockchain

Matthieu CHARETTE matthieu.charette at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 16:35:22 EST 2022

On Sun, Dec 4, 2022, 21:26 Joshua Marpet <Joshua.Marpet at guardedrisk.com>
wrote:

> I can absolutely run a phone in software and add as much hardware as I
> want to it. Phone emulators are old-hat.  As well, did you know you can
> overclock an actual hardware phone?
> https://www.nextpit.com/how-to-overclock-android

I know. You can also just translate the program to run it on any machine. I
do not intend to make the software closed source by the way.
That's why the software should be able to handle it. This means to reward
from time to time others miners too. Otherwise the one running the
overclocked phone will win every block reward. So he will be able to
control the network.

Look, I'm not saying that blockchain is useless. But what use case is your
> token for? Research. Ok. Selling mobile ascii porn. FINE! I really don't
> care or judge. I'm just trying to understand what you're doing.

It began with a joke: mining Bitcoin on a Texas Instruments calculator. The
problem is that you can't connect them to the internet. So we went on
create a cryptocurrency that would work on calculators.
I liked the idea of having a Blockchain running without the internet. Even
if the internet tend to be more and more accessible all over the world,
there are still places where it isn't.
So now the idea is to make something like real cash but with more security.
Because cash is not really secure, I mean you can duplicate it.
Please don't tell me to just use Gold 😉. But I'm ok if you come with a
solution without using a Blockchain.

So I would say that I'm just doing this for my personal research and to
satisfy my curiosity.

BR,
Matthiew