[Cryptography] Novelty versus reuse

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Mon Jun 28 10:10:51 EDT 2021

So, I’m not a cryptographer.  At all.  Could any of y’all who actually are help me understand why this:

draft-irtf-cfrg-rsa-blind-signatures-00

…is preferable for authenticating DoH clients to DoH servers, rather than using, say, realm auth, or client certificates?  In, you know, explain-like-I’m-five language?

I get that realm auth and client certs are really old, but what would make them less appropriate for this task, and is the RSA blind signature thing standardized enough in other contexts that it’s no more work to implement on an HTTPS connection than a client cert or realm auth would be?

Thanks,

                                -Bill