[Cryptography] cryptography Digest, Vol 93, Issue 8

Alex Flanagan alex.flanagan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 15:29:23 EST 2021

> I disagree very much. The current financial system is broken. I think
> Bitcoin is a seek to build an independent decentralized financial system
> wich can't controlled by goverment/supervising agency.

How do you think the current financial system is broken? I think of
KYC/AML/CTF as a feature, not a bug.

Do you think that economic activity exists outside of government policy?
That might or might not be the case (see Graeber, "Debt: the First 5,000
Years", any book on Modern Monetary Theory,
https://pluralistic.net/2020/12/14/situation-normal/#mmt).

The financial system (Central Banks) are adopting bitcoin. No one financial
> system would adopt something they could not control.
>
> And you write Bitcoin isn't under attack because the broken finacial
> system adopt it ?? Who care's if finacial systems adopt it ??.

I no longer think we need to smash the financial system to the ground. I'm
a technocrat and believe in incremental reform.

Don't get me wrong, in my national context (Canada), the financial system
needs a LOT of change. That's why I sell them consulting and cryptography
tools.