[Cryptography] The Strange Story of Satoshi Nakamoto's Spelling Choices: Part 1.

bit at ungeared.com bit at ungeared.com
Wed Jan 6 19:44:46 EST 2021

From: cryptography <cryptography-bounces+bit=ungeared.com at metzdowd.com> On
Behalf Of Peter Gutmann
Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2021 5:33 PM
To: Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org>; Cryptography List
<cryptography at metzdowd.com>
Subject: Re: [Cryptography] The Strange Story of Satoshi Nakamoto's Spelling
Choices: Part 1.

Dave Horsfall < <mailto:dave at horsfall.org> dave at horsfall.org> writes:

Also in Australia (and I think New Zealand - PHB?) but I do see the
occasional (and ugly) "ize" in the media and complain accordingly; we
generally follow the British in our customs.

Or it could just have been someone writing in spelling A that was partly
autocorrected to spelling B. I've seen that in conference papers and RFCs.
Never attribute to clever subterfuge what is adequately explained by too
clever for its own good software.

Peter.

Seems unlikely to me since this pattern (or the lack of) permeates through
2.5 years and across various mediums: Bitcoin white paper, Bitcointalk,
emails to this list, emails to various individuals etc. You would think
sooner or later they would catch it and fix it.