[Cryptography] Does Bitcoin have unaddressed design flaws?

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Mon Feb 8 17:18:48 EST 2021

On Sun, Feb 07, 2021 at 09:10:51PM -0800, Tamzen Cannoy wrote:
> > On Feb 3, 2021, at 5:17 AM, Gerald Oxley via cryptography <cryptography at metzdowd.com> wrote:
> >
> > Greetings all,
> >
> > I discovered this mailing list by way of it being the place where Satoshi posted the original Bitcoin white paper, so I thought it might be an appropriate venue for this particular question. Reading some recent threads, it seems I'm among compatriots. Also I saw the Bitcoin white paper is apparently now banned reading material (DuckDuckGo it if you haven't seen it) which made me smile until I remembered my Ray Bradbury.
> >

> "bitcoin white paper 2008"
>
> That absolutely turns up the paper on DuckDuckGo. It’s not banned.

"satoshi nakamoto’s original 2008 bitcoin white paper"

Turns up the paper for me on Google.

It's amazing how people who don't understand how to use search engines
are sure that there is a deep conspiracy to ban them, whether it's
bitcoin, on a right-wing Christian who was coinvinced their "Prophetic
Message to Joe Biden" was banned, when they haven't stopped and
considered that there a huge numbers of other web pages that might
described by their overly broad search term.

					- Ted