[Cryptography] Business opportunities in crypto

Henry Baker hbaker1 at pipeline.com
Wed Apr 14 15:05:09 EDT 2021

At 06:31 PM 4/13/2021, Francis Pouatcha via cryptography wrote:
>3. Better stock market trading mechanisms. Currently, if
>you put in a 'buy' or 'sell' order, your own broker can
>'front-run' you (hello Robinhood!) and offer an epsilon
>better bid than you, so you as a customer will only get
>your transaction done after all of the front-runners
>have been satisfied. Surely, there is a crypto protocol
>that won't reveal anything about your order until *after*
>it has been executed, so that front-running can no longer
>happen, and won't reveal anything about losing bids at
>all (because they may be good-til-cancelled orders, which
>want to remain in the queue for future bidding).
>
>The equitable stock market will be built on top of block chain technology
>tokenization of stocks and other securities
>direct access to the market for each participant (non-custodian wallets, no brokers)
>decentralized market making protocols (simple order matching protocols)
>blockchain based settlement
>Lot of preparatory work is being done by DeFi world.
>
>I am interested in discussion sessions. Please involve me.
>
>Best Regard
>/Francis

Re: The equitable stock market will be built on top of block chain technology

Block chain is a significant advance, which I place right
next to 'double entry bookkeeping' and 'writing' itself
in the history of business technology.

But block chain technology does nothing to protect privacy
or protect against collusion.

This is where real crypto protocols could be useful, and
I haven't seen much deployment of novel crypto protocols
in this sector yet.

'direct access to the market for each participant (non-custodian wallets, no brokers)'
'decentralized market making protocols (simple order matching protocols)'

These are what I'm interested in, but so far I haven't
seen the progress.

The continuous news of theft from wallets proves that
blockchain itself works, but the rest of the system is
seriously faulty.