[Cryptography] Hiring a Research Engineer

Mikerah mikerah at hashcloak.com
Sat Sep 12 21:23:51 EDT 2020

HashCloak Inc is a R&D lab and consultancy focused on privacy, anonymity and scalability for blockchains and cryptocurrencies. Our team is well-known for working on state of the art Ethereum projects such as Ethereum 2.0, Shyft Network and Althea, for pioneering optimistic rollups and bringing forth the first empirical analysis of Ethereum's privacy guarantees and applications.

We are hiring our very first research engineer that will help us bring our internal research projects to the world. As a research engineer at HashCloak, you will have the opportunity to work on anonymous networking, private information retrieval, zero-knowledge proofs and many more exciting areas at the intersection pf cryptography, game theory and finance!

You will be working with a small, young and international team based in different time zones around the world. We are a remote-only company and have a very flexible and relaxed culture.

As our first research engineer, you will have many of the following qualifications:

- Master's degree or above in cryptography, computer science, mathematics or related fields or equivalent experience
- 3+ years programming experience in a systems programming language such as C/C++, Go (Preferred), Rust (Preferred).
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: anonymous networking, zero-knowledge proofs, PIR, MPC
- Knowledge of secure software practices
- Experience in deploying production-ready applications

At HashCloak, you will have the following responsibilities:

- Implement PoCs and prototypes for our internal research projects
- Conducting research in one of the previously mentioned fields
- Collaborate with our clients and research partners
- Write papers targeted at top conferences as well as blog posts targeted at general audiences
- Contribute to open source projects that we use in our research
- Stay up to date on research and development in the blockchain and cryptography ecosystems

For consideration, please send a CV/Resume with a link to Github or any other website that showcases code you have written to careers at hashcloak.com with the subject line "Research Engineer".

Thank you
Mikerah