[Cryptography] Secret sharing for family members

Ángel angel at crypto.16bits.net
Mon Oct 19 15:36:47 EDT 2020

On 2020-10-16 at 08:42 +0200, Stephan Neuhaus wrote:
>  > If you are going to store it in a safe, printing on paper seems
> the
>  > simplest.
> If I'm not mistaken, many modern printers will store the printed
> document locally on a disk. If that's so, and if stealing the
> printer
> and recovering the key that way is in your attacker model, then
> copying
> the key by hand seems to be the way.
>
> Fun
>
> Stephan

I think caching may better describe it. Yes, the printer could store
the document locally before printing. Later printing would *probably*
overwrite it.

If you want to cover that in your attack model, you may prefer to print
an encrypted copy of your passwords, then only manually copy the master
key for the password paper.